START YOUR BCCS APPLICATION TODAY
A Board Certified Cognitive Specialist™ is defined as a professional who is responsible for the support and/or services provided to an individual with cognitive disorders that directly relates to the professionals’ specific scope of practice.
Board Certified Cognitive Specialist Benefits:
- Demonstrate commitment to parents, supervisors and colleagues
- Promote a higher standard of care for those with cognitive disabilities
- Improve quality of instruction in the classroom or clinic
- Be recognized as a leader by your peers and maximize your earning potential
Board Certified Cognitive Specialist Eligibility Requirements:
- Master's Degree and two years experience working in your field who treats or supports individuals with cognitive disorders (or a Bachelor's degree and 10+ years experience)
- 14 hours of continuing education that directly relates to cognitive disorders (either previously earned or obtained through IBCCES); renewed every two years
- Pass the online Competency Exam (included in registry fee)
- Pay Registry fee: *$595.00 (Renewal fee: $346 - with training, or $295.00 every two years - without training)
- Purchase orders are also accepted. E-mail your purchase order to [email protected] with the names and email addresses of those to certify. The individuals will then be sent their log in information.