START YOUR BCCS APPLICATION TODAY
A Board Certified Cognitive Specialist™ is defined as a professional who is responsible for the support and/or services provided to an individual with cognitive disorders that directly relates to the professionals’ specific scope of practice.
Board Certified Cognitive Specialist Benefits:
- Demonstrate commitment to parents, supervisors and colleagues
- Promote a higher standard of care for those with cognitive disabilities
- Improve quality of instruction in the classroom
- Be recognized as a leader by your peers and maximize your earning potential
Board Certified Cognitive Specialist Eligibility Requirements:
- Master's Degree and two years experience working in your field who treats or supports individuals with cognitive disorders (or a Bachelor's degree and 10+ years experience)
- Applicant must have earned 14 hours of continuing education that directly relates to cognitive disorders (renewed every two years)
- Pass the online Competency Exam (included in registry fee)
- Pay Registry fee: *$595.00 (Renewal fee: $295.00 every two years)
- Purchase orders are also accepted. E-mail your purchase order to email@example.com with the names and email addresses of those to certify. The individuals will then be sent their log in information.
*Registration fee will be refunded if the applicant is not approved by the board for any reason during the application process (minus $150 to cover processing and exam fee). Otherwise all sales are final. Registration indicates that you have read and agreed to the IBCCES Financial Terms and Conditions, Ethical Responsibilities and Standards of Practice.